We may collect information about you from the following sources:
3.1 Information we receive from you
We may collect personal information (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, date of birth, title, payment information, health, and other information) that you provide to us when you:
- visit our website and register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, social media channels, over the phone or in store
- fill out a Customer Profile Form when visiting one of our Aesop retail stores or counters.
- take part in our promotions, competitions and surveys.
- attend a Mizzen’s event; and
- correspond with us across any of our channels (e.g. messaging platforms such as text message, live chat, and WhatsApp, social media, and email).
We may collect personal information from other sources when applicable, including through publicly available information as well as the use of the CCTV cameras.
Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity or for VAT reimbursement, we may need to request a valid proof of identification from you (e.g. in the form of a copy of your passport, resident’s visa or permit and/or national ID card).
3.2 Information we collect about you
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, details of any website which has referred you to our website, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for; and
- length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies also allow us to recognize your computer while you are on this website, and to send you to the country of origin and language you selected on your first visit to this website. This information is used to maintain the quality of our service and to provide tracking and statistics regarding the use of our website.
The types of cookies we use:
- Strictly necessary cookies that are required for the operation of our website, such as cookies that enable you to log into your account or make purchases, or cookies that enable us to comply with the law (for example, to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using "strictly necessary" cookies.
- Performance cookies which recognize and count the number of users to our website and help us see how users move around our website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. [Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous.] We only use such information to improve our website. This information helps us to find out how well the website is working and highlights where it can be improved.
- Functionality cookies which are used to recognize when you return to our website and assist us to personalize your content and website experience by remembering your preferences. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for (such as watching a video). By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see below).
- Targeting cookies which are used to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies are used to advertise relevant products to you on other websites, based on the products and categories you looked at on our website.
We also use third party cookies of suppliers who set their own cookies on our website with our permission to improve customer experience and offer additional functionality. This website utilizes the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and the associated conversion tracking cookie is set on the user’s browser. The information collected by the conversion cookies are used to provide aggregate conversion statistics to AdWords clients who have opted-in for conversion tracking. They are not used to acquire personal information. If you do not want to allow these cookies on your device, you can deactivate the Google conversion-tracking cookie through your user settings in your internet browser.
We also use Google AdWords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page (http://www.google.com/settings/ads) or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
We also use Google AdWords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in you can opt out using the Double Click opt-out page (http://www.google.com/settings/ads) or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
We will not disclose personal information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary:
- to fulfil your requests for services;
- to protect ourselves from liability; or to respond to legal process or comply with law, or because of a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
- To the extent required as per Clause 6.
If you would rather not have any of this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser, so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website, including the purchase section. For more information and to learn how to disable cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.com.